A First for Uniformed PersonnelThe first co-operative society to be registered for uniformed personnel in the Singapore Government Service.
8th Annual General Meeting of SPCTLSPreside over by Society Patron, Mr H. Fairburn, Inspector General of Police, membership was listed as 1,700 and the Society claimed to have S$150,000 available in capital accounts.
Relocation of Police Co-op to Hill StreetPolice Co-op moved to Hill Street Police Station and Barracks along with the Police Welfare Division.
Opening of First Police Co-op StoreThe Kinloss Retail Shop was named after its initial location in the Kinloss House (next to former Ladyhill Hotel) located near No. 3 Lady Hill Road.
Relocation of Police Coop to Lady Hill RoadThe Co-operative moved to No. 3 Lady Hill Road, the site of the Kinloss House, which would lend its name to the Co-operative’s Kinloss Retail Shop.
Establishment of Premier Security Co-operative LtdPremier Security Co-operative Ltd was established as a joint venture between Police Co-op and The Singapore Government Staff Credit Co-operative Society Ltd, Premier Security sets a high bar for both the co-operative movement and the security industry in Singapore.
Implementation of GIRO SchemeThe Society successfully negotiated with Overseas Union Bank (OUB) to implement the General Interbank Recurring Order (GIRO) Scheme for Society members.
Purchase of Hua Bao BuildingPolice Co-op purchased the six-storey Hua Bao Building at 21 Middle Road.
Establishment of SECOMThe Society became a shareholder of SECOM (Singapore) Pte Ltd, a security management firm. SECOM provides comprehensive security management services to corporate clients looking for professional, reliable, and effective security solutions.
Renaming of Society to Singapore Police Cooperative Society LtdThe Singapore Multi-Purpose Co-operative Society Ltd was renamed the Singapore Police Co-operative Society Limited.
Singapore Police Cooperative Club FormedThe Singapore Police Co-operative Club was formed and opened at 21 Middle Road.
Launch of Police Co-op's Website and New LogoThe launch of the Co-operative’s new logo. The first version of the dedicated website for Police Co-op was launched, which marked the Co-operatives first venture into cyber-space.
Purchase of 259 & 261 Holland AvenuePolice Co-op purchased two shop units located at Holland Avenue
Purchase of 81 Club Street Conservation ShophouseA conservation shophouse at 81 Club Street, believed to be the oldest structure along this street, was added to the portfolio.
Launch of Automated Interactive Voice Response SystemFirst use of an automated Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) which allowed members round-the-clock access to information on their accounts.
Purchase of 3 Strata Floors at Sims AvenueThe Co-operative added three strata-floors of the SK Building at 250 Sims Avenue to its portfolio of properties
Choice Decor Official OpeningIn January, Choice Decor held their official opening at Block 22, Sin Ming Road, 01-232.
Relocation of the SocietyAfter the renaming of the SPCS Building, the Co-operative moved its operations on 18 February 2004 from Middle Road to the former SK Building at Sims Avenue.
Incorporation of SPCS Consultancy Pte LtdSPCS Consultancy Pte Ltd, a joint venture with SECOM (Singapore) Pte Ltd, was incorporated on 27 July 2006
Purchase of 2 Commercial Units at Guthrie BuildingThe Co-operative purchased two commercial units at Guthrie Building, 150 Changi Road.
Commemoration of 85th Anniversary85th Anniversary of The Singapore Police Co-operative Society Limited.
Unable to view or loading time too long? Please click here for PDF version.
Inception of The Singapore Police Co-operative Society
Members voting at the 1991 Annual General Meeting
The Guiding Principle for The Singapore Police Co-operative Society Limited
The Rochdale Co-op founded in 1844 was the first co-operative registered in the world. It laid down the principles of running a successful co-operative. The original Rochdale Principles were officially adopted by the International Co-operative Alliance (ICA), a worldwide co-operative union, in 1937 as the Rochdale Principles of Co-operation.
In 1995, the Co-operative Principles were adopted as part of the Statement on the Co-operative Identity when the International Co-operative Alliance celebrated its 100th Anniversary.
Toad Lane Store – the first retail Co-operative of “The Rochdale Pioneers” founded in 1844. It is now the Rochdale Pioneers Museum.
The Rochdale Principles
The Rochdale Pioneers are recognised throughout the world as the founders of the modern co-operative movement. Source: Rochdale Pioneers Museum / National Co-operative Archive.
Arrival of members at the 2006 Annual General Meeting.