Enjoy competitive dividend rates for your savings and one of the lowest interest rates for your loans! Join us now!
To apply for membership with Police Co-op, please fill in and sign on the following form and bring it personally to The Singapore Police Co-operative Society Ltd office. The following documents must be made available at the time of application:
- A copy of your NRIC (front and back);
- A copy of your latest payslip;
- A copy of your bank book/statement – front page with your name and account number (preferably POSB/DBS Bank Account);
- A copy of the completed Individual Tax Residency Self-Certification Form; and
- A copy of your employment contract, if applicable.
Individual Tax Residency Self-Certification
Consent Letter Joint Account
Criteria for membership application shall be as follows:
- Not be below the age of sixteen (16) years;
- Be of good character;
- Be citizen of Singapore or resident in Singapore;
- Not be legally or mentally disabled;
- Not be an undischarged bankrupt; and
- Not be convicted of an offence punishable with imprisonment.
Employees (civilian staff included) from:
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA);
- Casino Regulatory Authority (CRA);
- AETOS & its groups of companies;
- Attorney-General’s Chambers (AGC);
- Certis CISCO & its groups of companies;
- Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB); and
- Organizations which have Police Co-op’s representatives on the Board of Directors.
Associate Membership is open to the following groups of people:
- NSmen with MHA;
- Teachers associated with National Police Cadet Corps (NPCC), members and former members of NPCC;
- Volunteer Special Constabulary (VSC) Officers;
- Existing members who have retired; and
- Ex-employees of MHA and its related organisations.
Compulsory Subscription Savings of $40 per month, which is refundable upon resignation or termination of membership. Compulsory Purchase of 150 Police Co-op shares at a par value of $1 each at the start of the membership, which is refundable upon resignation or termination of membership. All savings will be returned to you when you cease to be a member of Police Co-op.
Monthly deductions to be deducted directly from members’ pay via their Central Pay Office. A one-time non-refundable Entrance Fee of $10 is required.
Monthly deductions are to be received via Giro. A one-time non-refundable Entrance Fee of $20 is required.
As a member, you will enjoy dividends from Police Co-op based on your annual saving (Subscription and Share Capital) balances as at 31st December. Find out more about the dividend rates from the past years.
Obligatory Dues (From Left to Right Below)
- $10 (Ordinary Member)
- $20 (Associate Member)
- 150 Police Co-operative’s Shares at $1/share
- One-time payment
- Refundable upon cessation of membership
Minimum of $200 will be deducted 2 months later upon approval of membership
Savings Schemes at a Glance
Subscription Savings Scheme
- $40 – $200 per month;
- Dividend based on balance as of 31 December Annually.
Eligibility for Withdrawals:
- Fulfilment of 5-year membership;
- No net outstanding loan; and
- Minimum $500 in account after withdrawal.
Share Capital Scheme
- Mandatory (150 shares at $1 each);
- Dividend based on balance as of 31 December annually;
- Dividend rate same for Subscription Savings Scheme;
- Withdrawal not possible (Fully refundable to member only upon resignation or termination of membership).
Fixed Deposit Scheme
- Minimum: $500;
- Maximum: No limit;
- Tenure: 6, 12, 24 or 36 months;
- Premature withdrawal possible;
- Joint account with immediate family members (spouse, child, adopted child, step-child, parent, step-parent, brother, step-brother, sister or step-sister who are 21 years and above) possible.
Specific Deposits Savings Scheme
- $10 – $500 per month;
- Interest rate reviewed quarterly;
- Daily interest calculation, tabulated and credited into account on a half-yearly basis;
- No limitation on withdrawal.
Differences between an Ordinary and Associate Membership
|Voting rights during Police Co-op’s Annual General Meeting (AGM)
|Eligibility to stand for election as a member of the Board of Directors
|Entitlement to apply for monetary loans